Job Posting OPEN
Utah Raft Guide
Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours is seeking experienced & qualified raft guides in Moab, Utah for the 2022 season for Colorado River Daily runs and Overnight trips! If you are interested in becoming a certified guide, please check out our 2022 Guide Schools! (https://mild2wildrafting.com/specials/guide-instruction.html)
What makes guiding for Mild to Wild unique? Well, lots of things! To start, Mild to Wild runs a huge variety of trips that help guides grow and develop their skills. We have trips on low volume creeks to high volume desert rivers in Colorado, Arizona and Utah. We run float trips on Class I, II, and III to consistent Class IV and V rapids. We run 2 hour trips all the way up to 6 day trips with everything in between. Because of the variety of trips we run we can have really long seasons! Our full time, career minded guides can have consistent work from late Feb through late Oct.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Meet and greet guests.
- Load and prepare rafts.
- Execute crash courses in rafting.
- Give safety speeches.
- Most importantly lead a safe and fun rafting trip.
- Minimum of fifty hours of on-river training, utilizing paddles and/or oars and any other equipment.
- Ability to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Colorado or another state’s guide certification.
- A friendly and can do attitude.
- Be adaptable and open to last minute changes.
- Passion for providing high quality customer service in a professional manner.
- Can maintain safety awareness and understand/execute safety guidelines and procedures.
- A focus despite interruptions and can handle stress appropriately.
- Hire start date as early as February with a commitment through August 12th, 2022.
- Available to work a minimum of 5 days per week.
- Vacation days are limited to 2 days off in addition to the standard days off from June 10th to August 12th due to that being our peak season. This is also the best time to be on the river!
- No vacations 4th of July week & limited time off for other holidays during the season.
- If you participate and complete our guide school program, applicants must be available for employment immediately after guide school graduation.
Compensation, and Benefits:
- Pay is dependent on experience.
- Join in the fun and go along Mild to Wild adventures.
- Join a winning team with opportunities for growth.
- Access to pro-deal discounts on outdoor gear.
With submitting your application, please include up to three references with an email and a phone number to contact them.